DATE & LOCATION
Winnipeg Humane Society Paws in Motion, presented by Fairmont Winnipeg, will take place on Sunday, June 23, 2019, at Assiniboine Park (Lyric Theatre).
Registration tents open at 8AM and the walk will begin at 10:30AM.
Join the celebration before and after the walk for fun family activities!
DO I HAVE TO REGISTER MY PET?
No, you do not have to register your pet for Paws in Motion. You do not have to pay $10 for your pet to participate.
PRINTABLE PLEDGE FORM?
Your printable pledge form is included as a downloadable link in your registration confirmation email. If you didn’t get this email, check your promotions/spam/junk folders. You can also download the pledge form here. Make sure your name is on your form so we know who collected the donations.
You can also email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Download the 2019 WHS Paws in Motion map here to see the activities along the walk route and at Lyric Field!
When: Saturday, June 23 at the WHS (45 Hurst Way). 10 a.m. -4 p.m.
Check-in is located at the Registration Tent next to the Lyric Theatre (see 2019 map). This is where you can turn in all of your collected donations and receive any fundraising prizes you have earned. *If you have done any online fundraising, please bring a printout of your donations page, or a smartphone that can display your fundraising total.
You SHOULD check in at the registration tent if:
- You have cash or cheque pledges to be handed in.
- You have raised enough money to qualify for an fundraising prize (and have not already picked it up).
- You registered before May 26th and qualified for a WHS T-shirt and need to pick it up.
- You already turned in donations and picked up your prize, but have a few extra donations that you collected after to turn in.
- You need a park map.
- You haven’t already registered to participate in Paws in Motion.
- You have cash, cheque, or credit card donations to make to the WHS.
You DON’T NEED TO check in at the registration tent if:
- You have already turned in all of your donations and picked up your fundraising prize prior to the event.
- You’re already registered to participant in Paws in Motion.
Pro Tip: Avoid the line-up on event day, and allow yourself a bit more time to sleep in by dropping off your donations BEFORE June 24 at the WHS. We can accept your collected donations and award fundraising prizes two weeks before the event.
WALKING THE WALK
The walk portion of Paws in Motion will officially begin at 10:30AM. Watch for the giant WHS flag waving at the back of Lyric Field and follow along!
You can walk the full 2.5km route or take the 1.75km shortcut (watch for shortcut signs along the way).
Keep an eye out for Paw Stop activities along the walk (see activity list on our map).
All pets are welcome at Paws in Motion, but they must be on a leash.
We are pleased to have the services of Scoopy Doo on site. However, please be a responsible pet owner and pick up after your pet.
Children or pets who are lost or found should be taken to Lyric Theatre.
UNABLE TO REGISTER ONLINE?
You can also register for Paws in Motion at our Gift Shop at the WHS (45 Hurst Way).
Gift Shop hours are:
- Monday: Friday, 11AM-7PM
- Saturday: 10AM-6PM
- Sunday: 12AM-6PM
FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD?
If you forgot your password to log in to the website, you can reset your password here.