Teams are so important to Paws in Motion. Working together to raise money for a cause, you and your team can make a huge difference in so many WHS animals’ lives!
Become a Team Captain
Anyone can become a Team Captain! It doesn’t cost extra. All you need to do is just choose to be one and create a team during your registration. Team Captains can form a Corporate or Community Team. If you are forming a team, you are choosing to fundraise for WHS animals. Be sure to come up with a fun team name for your team!
Recruit Team Members
As a team captain, you will be recruiting team members and motivating them to fundraise for WHS animals.
Q: Where can you find team members?
A: You can find team members almost anywhere!
- Make a post on your social media accounts inviting people to join your team!
- Send an email to everyone in your email address book.
- Mention the event to a friend or family member the next time you chat.
- Talk to your human resources director and put together a team of your co-workers.
- Pass out flyers in your neighbourhood, or put up a poster at your Community Centre.
- Invite your neighbours and other people in your area to join you.
- Ask us about other individual walkers who may want to join a team.
Q: How can people join my team?
A: Direct them to your team’s fundraising page. On the right side of the page, they will see a button that says “JOIN TEAM.” When they click it it will take them through the registration process.
Set a Fundraising Goal
Remember to aim high and start early! We suggest a personal goal of $500 per person. Estimate how many people will be on your team and multiply by 500. A hefty fundraising goal gives your teammates something to aspire to and something to celebrate when you achieve it!
Make sure you, and your team members, all have the WHS Paws in Motion offline pledge form to collect offline donations too! Any collected donations can be dropped of at the WHS two weeks before the event, or at the Registration Tent on event day with your pledge form.
Coach Your Teammates
Donations don’t just appear by themselves – it takes a bit of effort from you and your teammates to get them rolling in!
Most of our participants find fundraising to be much easier than they thought. All it takes is to ask. Ask your friends, family co-works, neighbours, etc.! Make sure everyone on your team has sent out donation requests on their social media pages or by using the email functions in their personal dashboard. There are even pre-written messages to help you in your quest for donations.
As a Team Captain, you have the ability to get your team excited about Paws in Motion and raising money for animals. They are looking to you for guidance and support, so communicate often with your team to let them know how much they have raised and how much more is needed to reach your team’s goal. You can use your dashboard to easily communicate with all of your team members at once by sending them an email.
The great thing about being on a team is that you’re not in this alone. You have a whole group of people working towards the same goal! So why not branch out in your fundraising efforts in a unique and fun way?
A few ideas for team-based fundraising capers:
- Plan a “Jeans Day” or similar simple office-centric event to encourage your coworkers to donate.
- Plan a car wash or other community event.
- Host a BBQ or bake sale.
- Talk to your local pub or Community Centre about organizing a charity music or comedy night.
- Collect your teammates’ odds and ends and host a multi-family garage sale.
- See more fundraising tips and ideas here.